Monday, September 15, 2008

Mandy...


I love Mandy. Patinkin. Really. I mean, I love Robert. But I love Mandy Patinkin. His voice is phenomenal. And it makes him *so* attractive. Really.



Where is my love coming from?
Well I've always loved him in "The Secret Garden" as Archibald Craven. I mean, Lily was/is my dream role. And he plays her opposite. And he's beautiful on the CD of the show.








But the other night, at my friend Taylor's appartment, we watched a fantastic show. "Sunday in the Park with George." I don't know how many of you are familar with this show, but it's about Georges Seurat when he was painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. And Mr. Patinkin is glorious. If you have never heard this show, go find it now.


Just...trust me. You'll love it.

Also in this show is the wonderful Bernadette Peters. Now I have had my healthy respect for this lady, and every theater student should. She's fantastic. But after seeing her in this, I LOVE her. Her voice, which has sounded annoying and ugly to me before is actually beautiful and stirring. In songs like "We Never Belonged Together" and "Move On" she is just haunting. I just love her.

So there you go. The two goals of my life are to sound like Burnadette Peters and sing a duet with Mandy Patinkin. I just...don't even know. But there is my current obsession.

I love you all for reading this.

And I'll love you more for knowing this show!



3 comments:

Kate Karns said...

I read it so you have to love me. But seriously he is a very talented man. And I love Ms. Peters. HeHeHeHe.....Bye.

Katie Sue said...

Yeah, let's not even joke about it--I watched this like a little over a year and I totally went through the process you're experiencing right now. Surprise, appreciation, love, ridiculous burst of emotion, obsession, and an addition to the internal favorites file we all have. It's an intense experience.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha. All I remember is I was incredibly annoyed with the volume (aka loudness AND amount) of people in my apartment that night that y'all watched "Sunday in the Park With George". And me and Chance and my BFF Dena holed ourselves in me and Ang's room and cleaned it and then pinned a sheet to the ceiling. Haha. Good times. I love you!